2ND SHIFT ASSISTANT UNIT CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - BIRMINGAM, AL
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Summary: As an Assistant Custodial Director, you are responsible for assisting in overseeing the support services operational needs of the department. You will coordinate the tasks of the operations managers and will serve as a liaison between administration and unit departments providing the highest possible level of service. This is a 2nd shift position.
- Establishes and reviews standards and work procedures for all associates in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility.
- Plans work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate services are rendered to all areas.
- Interviews, selects, hires, evaluates, and recommends termination of facility personnel in accordance with facility standards.
- Orients, trains, develops and supervises all associates.
- Performs regular inspections and evaluations of the facility; recommends action items; assists with relocations within the facility.
- Conducts regular staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate activities.
- Schedules major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available.
- Conducts regular inventory of supplies.
- Assists department director with budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 years of support services, military, housekeeping, and/or facilities maintenance experience.
- 1 or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in the field of health care housekeeping or facility maintenance is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1010033