Accounts Payable Intern / Summer / Charlotte, NC
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Our Team is currently seeking an accounts payable intern. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and learn from a team with varied strengths. You will be working with vendors and internal customers to research and resolve payment concerns.This position will be based in our Charlotte, NC corporate office.
- Communicate with vendors to obtain invoice copies and other pertinent information required for complete research
- Use SAP system to research invoice status
- Coordinate with internal resources to ensure invoices are processed
- Process heavy volume of invoices and credit/debit memos in SAP
- Prepare analysis of vendor accounts
- Special projects as assigned
- Pursuing Bachelor’s, as a rising Junior or Senior, in Accounting or similar undergraduate program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficient in MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Access)
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills vital to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency regarding time and meeting target dates
- Self-directed, proactive, and curious
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing factors and conditions
- Curiosity about the hospitality and service industry
- Can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 1097360