ADMIN ASSISTANT-HOURLY (FULL TIME) at Louisiana State University
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ADMIN ASSISTANT-HOURLY position.
- Location: Louisiana State University - South Stadium Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70803. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability, shifts may vary. 40 hours a week. More details are available upon interview.
- Requirement: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Starting pay: $18.00 per hour
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Culinary Admin will provide administrative support to the Culinary Management Team
- Complete daily, mid-month, and end-of-period financial tracking for accuracy
- Input restaurant invoices weekly
- Order office equipment and supplies and call for office equipment service and related issues
- Create and maintain computer and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc
- Enter and retrieve information in databases, update records, files, and reservations for events in the building
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1236273.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Responsible for clerical functions and administrative support of food service programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones and direct inquires in a professional and client centric manner.
- Maintain confidential personnel files.
- Assist management staff in preparing confidential employment and labor relations documents, including but not limited to proposed disciplinary notices.
- Assist with staffing, including finding staff when employees call out on short notice.
- Work effectively and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, school personnel, administrators, student's parents and Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain accurate and up to date records of students eligible for free and reduced priced lunches if applicable.
- Enter weekly cash sales and meal counts using computer.
- Perform daily bank deposit reconciliation.
- Process vendor invoices for payment - using computer, making sure addition is correct and checking item prices against bid specifications, making sure there is no discrepancy in pricing.
- Perform monthly vendor statement reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly state claim form for reimbursement.
- Assist in preparation of end of month financial reports.
- Attend in-service and/or safety meetings as required.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment; ability to perform job safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.