ADMIN, HOURLY (FULL TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full time ADMIN, HOURLY position.
- Location: University of Houston - 4700 Calhoun Road Suite 102, Houston, TX 77204. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Requirement: HR Experience/Bachelor's
- Perks: Free Meals, Willing to Train
- Starting pay: $19.00 per hour
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1230393.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Maintains Human Resources and corporate records. Provides administrative support involving personnel matters. Supports payroll processing. Answers basic policy-related questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as custodian of Human Resources documents and records.
- Processes employee information, including personal data, payroll, tax data, performance reviews, transfers and terminations; enters data into company systems.
- Initiates and monitors background checks and communicates results to hiring manager; follows through on administrative matters as required by federal, state and local laws.
- Monitors compliance with I9, OFCCP and Human Resources policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains complete, accurate filing system to facilitate immediate document retrieval.
- Compiles data from personnel records to prepare reports and logs; creates and maintains database and spreadsheets.
- Copies files to help prepare for legal proceedings.
- Answers associate requests and questions with escalation as needed; directs associates to appropriate resources.
- Opens incoming correspondence; determines priority, routing and action items as needed.
- Establishes and maintains inventory of recruiting and onboarding materials.
- Supports the process for selecting and onboarding new associates by scheduling appointments; helps candidates and associates complete paperwork.
- Supports employee relocation programs.
- Maintains company bulletin boards to ensure compliance with federal, state and local posting requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.