ADMIN, HR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ADMIN, HR position.
- Location: Midwest Division, Central Division, and Company Kitchen - 171 Covington Lane, Bloomingdale, IL 60108 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time. Schedule may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous experience preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Maintains Human Resources and corporate records. Provides administrative support involving personnel matters. Supports payroll processing. Answers basic policy-related questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as custodian of Human Resources documents and records.
- Processes employee information, including personal data, payroll, tax data, performance reviews, transfers and terminations; enters data into company systems.
- Initiates and monitors background checks and communicates results to hiring manager; follows through on administrative matters as required by federal, state and local laws.
- Monitors compliance with I9, OFCCP and Human Resources policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains complete, accurate filing system to facilitate immediate document retrieval.
- Compiles data from personnel records to prepare reports and logs; creates and maintains database and spreadsheets.
- Copies files to help prepare for legal proceedings.
- Answers associate requests and questions with escalation as needed; directs associates to appropriate resources.
- Opens incoming correspondence; determines priority, routing and action items as needed.
- Establishes and maintains inventory of recruiting and onboarding materials.
- Supports the process for selecting and onboarding new associates by scheduling appointments; helps candidates and associates complete paperwork.
- Supports employee relocation programs.
- Maintains company bulletin boards to ensure compliance with federal, state and local posting requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).