ADMINISTRATIVE BOOKKEEPER - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ADMINISTRATIVE BOOKKEEPER - HOURLY position.
- Location: Rutgers-Athletics - 1 Scarlet Knight Way, Piscataway, NJ 08854. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Must have prior bookkeeping experience including sales and accounts receivable is preferred.
- Starting pay: $23.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1140855.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Maintains a complete and systematic set of records of business transactions for the assigned business unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints, relays relevant comments from customers to supervisors.
- Represents the company in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists Controller with reports and weekly closing procedures.
- Verifies, allocates and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, unit reports, check stubs and computer printouts.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger, using calculator or computer. Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Compiles records to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the operation of the business.
- Calculate employee wages from time cards and submit payroll registers for payment.
- May prepare tax reports.
- May compute type and mail monthly statements to customers.
- May complete records to or through trial balances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1140855