Area Chef - Los Angeles, CA Market
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
It’s all about the food. The Area Executive Chef is the leader for all things culinary at the location - from setting the menu standards to training team members and being the face of Levy on social media. Food is a central part of the guest experience and the Area Executive chef is the visionary behind that food. The ideal candidate will be an experienced food and beverage leader. A great coach with commercial acumen, who can get the best out of people and continually drive operational performance and execution.
* Proactively coaching and motivating team members to deliver their best
* Identifying opportunities and driving improvements in both the food and financial performance
* Overseeing all aspects of a safe and sanitary culinary department amongst various locations
* Working closely with the purchasing and finance teams to develop an offer that delivers financially and delights our guests
* Building and developing the on-site culinary team
* Working closely with the regional and Home Office culinary teams to continually evolve the food experience for guests
* Support efforts to drive revenue by participating in social media activities
* Overseeing equipment maintenance routines
* Ensuring the creation of appropriate par levels in line with sales forecasts
* Creating and distributing team members schedules in line with revenue forecasts
* Overseeing menu design and updates in line with food trends and internal data, cost of goods, and popularity
* Creation of menu build diagrams
* Maintenance of recipe specifications, partnering with the purchasing team to continually update based on product availability and pricing
* Overseeing all routine kitchen management procedures including (but not limited to) opening and closing checklists, cleaning schedules, temperature checks, waste sheets and pest control
* Creation of customized group sales/event menus in partnership with the sales teams
* Setting standards for chef table setups
* Creation of prep sheets and line layout diagrams to ensure consistent and efficient food production.
* Delivering training and coaching to team members on both the menu and general culinary skills
* Management of team member breaks to ensure the well-being of all team members
* Attending location management team meetings to maintain and build collaboration with other departments
* Delivery of pre-shift meetings to set the tone for events
* Conducting progressive discipline with team members to address any issues in relation to performance
* Completing onboarding and orientation for new members of the culinary team
* Ensuring all elements of food ordering, delivery, prep, transportation, and service are conducted to a high standard in line with Levy’s sanitation and safety Core Signatures
* Responding to emails/phone calls and other communication in a timely manner
* Ensuring calorific analysis is carried out on all menu items in line with FDA guidelines
* Partnering with the purchasing and operations teams to identify and proactively prevent loss of product
* Partnering with other departments and the regional team on community outreach programs
* Managing support travel by team members for other locations
* Management of culinary department budget
* Other duties as assigned
* 5+ leadership experience in a culinary leadership position * Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
* A culinary degree is preferred
* High level of computer literacy
* Understanding of financial concepts
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
* Experience in the use of social media is preferred
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1114364
BRITTANY R. VETVICK