ASSISTANT, ACCOUNTING (FULL-TIME)
Up to $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ASSISTANT, ACCOUNTING position.
- Location: 6375 E State Rt 36, Decatur, IL 62521 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday - Friday. 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Requirement: Previous experience with Microsoft programs, specifically excel, and answering phones preferred.
- Perks: Up to $1,000 sign-on bonus!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Under the guidance of the Accounting Manager, performs duties associated with accounts payable and/or account receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Accounts Payable function (e.g. check runs, review entries).
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Responds to vendor inquiries.
- Maintains reports, spreadsheets and accounting files.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as necessary.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Completes bank reconciliation.
- Follows up on aging accounts.
- Prepares and maintains financial and business transactions.
- Assists with reporting to support month-end accounting close entries; prepares various account reconciliations.
- Develops and runs queries using Access and Excel.
- Prepares other accounting-related reports and accounting duties as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Canteen maintains a drug-free workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1150224