Assistant Cafe Manager
- To support our growth we're looking for a *POSITION* to join our awesome team!
- This role will be based on-site at *LOCATION*
- Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Starting Pay: [[cust_StartingPayRate]] per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1067145.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and Conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkq
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
We’re Food+ by Compass! Although the past year has been quite a rollercoaster for everyone, our amazing talented teams have continued to work tirelessly crafting incredible food experiences to help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies at one of the world’s major tech companies!
We’re excited to grow our global team of skilled culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts - this is not just a workplace, it’s a place to innovate, a platform to bring your ideas to life, contribute to a sustainable future and best of all - be a part of an awesome team!
To find out more about careers at Food+ by Compass please visit; https://www.foodplusbycompass.com/
This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food & Nutrition Services in an Acute Care Hospital. The Director of Food and Nutritional Services is responsible for all foodservice-related activities; including patient care, non-patient care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all hospital-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business.
The Director ensures client, customer satisfaction and efficient cost effective management. You will direct and conduct safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs; while maintaining excellent relationships with patients and the Client, as well as other departments within the Hospital. The Director is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. In addition; you will assist in fostering strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the food-service department with the facility plan of operations.
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus three (3) years of directly related experience
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Three (3) to five (5) years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate or Registered Dietitian preferred
Associates at Bon Appétit are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1067145