ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOOD NUTRITIONAL SERVICES - BEL AIR MD
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
This individual will be responsible for assisting the Director in oversight of the operational needs of the facility. They will serve as one of the liaisons between the sector and the client, providing the highest possible level of service.
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
- Monitors quality and flow of work to assure timely completion of tasks
- Successfully provides effective client rapport to build a mutually beneficial business relationship
- Plans work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate staffing
- Performs regular inspections and evaluations of the facility; ability to recommend action items
- Conducts regular staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate operation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience
- Ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and verbally
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 939950