ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL DINING SERVICES
- We are hiring immediately for an ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL DINING SERVICES position.
- Location: George Washington University; 1918 F Street, NW. Washington, DC 20052. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, & holidays. This is a 10-month position with summers off.
- Details: The assistant director of residential dining services will assist the director in managing day-to-day foodservice operations at George Washington University's Thurston Hall.
- Requirement: Strong customer service skills. Food service management. Serv Safe.
- Reports to: Director of Dining Services
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1036517.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: As an Assistant Director of Dining Services I, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day food service operations of a medium to large volume location. You will manage and lead a team of associates, and will be responsible for talent development, managing client relationships, profitability, and supporting financial goals in an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating nutritious and top quality food.
- Implements new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams.
- Maintains excellent relationships with the client.
- Manages, trains, and develops associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Financial experience and business acumen skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).