ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - CHICAGO, IL
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Working as an Assistant General Manager, you are responsible for maintaining the account along with the General Manager in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will conduct safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs while maintaining excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client as well as other departments within the operation. You will promote the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will be expected to foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Interviews, hires, trains and coaches employees and managers
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Five to seven years upscale food service experience, including one year experience of multi-unit management
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess attention to detail
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Monitor food purchasing, food costs, preparation, production and inventory control
- Prepare and monitor budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Menu planning in consultation with chefs
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong catering experience required
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1021802