ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER-Kentucky International Convention Center
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for day-to-day restaurant operations that deliver a superior guest experience via hiring, training, and managing the operation. The ideal Assistant General Manager candidate is passionate about hospitality, food and beverage and location morale/culture. They should have the ability to think proactively and creatively, have decision-making and analytical skills and be effective in written and verbal communication. They are self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, effectively multi-task and drive results.
* Ensures great guest service and delivery of hospitality standards by holding team accountability to steps of service
* Maintaining positive guest relationships including obtaining regular feedback through table visits and executing show quality standards
* Trains and conveys brand clarity through the menu, wine, and beverage knowledge
* Promotes a positive work environment through hiring/selection of team members, maximizing productivity and morale through team member engagement, and maintaining appropriate staffing levels per business needs.
* Maintains state, federal and business compliance, including but not limited to responsible alcohol service guidelines, safety and sanitation standards, and client requirements
* Engages in the financial goals of the operation with support from the General Manager
* Additional duties/responsibilities, as assigned
* A degree in Hospitality or related field is preferred
* Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down
* High level of computer literacy
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel, as needed
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
This individual will provide the primary support to ensure ideal workflow and exceptional service.
- Establishes and reviews standards and work procedures for all staff in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility
- Directs and conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs; while maintaining excellent relationships with client and the customer
- Assists to ensure client, customer satisfaction and efficient cost effective management
- Promotes the professional growth and development of all associates
- Coordinates the tasks of the subordinate Supervisory and Management team via regular communication
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate’s degree required; or equivalent and relevant experience
- At least 1-3 years of experience, preferred
- Strong work ethic, intense drive and initiative for quality and customer service
- Excellent stress management skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through (with associates and clients) skills required
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, preferred
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)