ASSISTANT, LAB SERVICES (FULL-TIME)
- We have an opening for a full-time LAB SERVICES ASSISTANT position.
- Location: AZ GB-1 MedImmune Way. Gaithersburg, MD 20878 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm.
- Requirement: N/A
ESFM is the corporate Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) division of Compass Group USA and a Keystone member of the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1125930.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Rooted in hospitality, ESFM elevates the workplace experience as the single source of innovative FM solutions that ensure a safe, healthy, and sustainable environment. ESFM’s clients include many household names from Life Science, Technology, Oil & Gas and Manufacturing markets.
ESFM self-performs 80% of all IFM solutions provided to clients. Their portfolio of service categories includes Environment, Health & Safety, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Sustainability, Janitorial & Industrial Cleaning, Laboratory Support and Workplace solutions. This self-performance model creates a consistent hospitality experience for clients, resulting in higher engagement and productivity from their employees.
In 2020, ESFM (formerly Eurest Services) won the George Graves Award for Facility Management Achievement from the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA).
Summary: Delivers exceptional lab services at client locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks and re-stocks safety glasses in airlocks and staging areas.
- Collects soiled glassware from glassware carts.
- Cleans and sterilizes glassware including beakers, flasks, tubes, bottles, cylinders, etc.
- Disposes of recycling in dumpster at central loading dock. Returns carts to stations; cleans as needed.
- Empties recycling bins in all areas as per schedule.
- Maintains inventory and levels of glassware.
- Operates washers and autoclaves according to operating instructions.
- Performs specialty autoclaving upon request.
- Performs sterilization checks on autoclaves.
- Keeps and maintains autoclave and washer records.
- Places “Basura” and/or “Recycling” stickers in the sleeves on the freezers for the scientists to utilize at every location.
- Prepares and maintains correct levels of buffer and media as required by following SOPs and instructions provided during training sessions.
- Provides glassware and lab consumable support to R&D scientists.
- Purges and maintains lab coat levels in airlocks and staging areas.
- Replenishes stock locations of glassware to minimum levels.
- Re-stocks Rainin supplies in stock room as needed.
- Scrapes ice buildup from -80degC freezers as per schedule by following parameters conveyed during training. Checks assigned units at least once per week.
- Maintains appropriate levels of general lab supplies in designated areas for scientists’ use; informs LabOps when replenishment orders need to be placed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous lab support experience greatly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Associates at ESFM are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).