ASSISTANT, PATIENT OBSERVATION (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for full-time and part-time ASSISTANT, PATIENT OBSERVATION positions.
- Location: Ascension Macomb - Oakland, Warren Campus -11800 Twelve Mile Road, Warren, MI 48093 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and part-time schedules available; flexible hours, open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience necessary. Willing to train!
- Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1213488.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
We’re TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn’t just about cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for supporting Ascension’s mission to improve the health of the poor and vulnerable. We’re serious about the role we play in healing – and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with service. Or maybe you’re looking for a launchpad for a career managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a need, are you ready to jump?
Summary: Provides visual and audible observation of assigned patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and unit manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually and audibly monitors the assigned patient's condition and behavior at all times.
- Completes observation reports at established interval.
- Takes initiative in compassionately rendering service or responding to needs. Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
- Remains at the bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Verbally redirects the patient from engaging in at-risk behaviors.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to be in medical distress or poses a threat, and escalates to assigned medical professionals.
- Participates in collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment is safe; reports any safety hazards to the charge nurse. Removes visible hazards and reports as appropriate.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Assists with keeping patient's room safe and orderly.
- Accompanies patient when diagnostic testing is required.
- Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance, control, or other nursing interventions, or exhibits unusual behavior or verbalizations. Immediately reports any potentially dangerous behavior or concerning conversations to the nurse.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patient when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges coverage around meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving patient for any reason.
- Assists patient with ordering dietary tray and setting up of patient's meal tray; assists with basic positioning of patient; assists with patient wheelchair rides and/or ambulation if patient is stable and gait has been previously determined safe by assigned staff nurse.
- Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, etc.
- Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and hospital staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures. Honors department's attendance, break, behavior, dress, personal hygiene, and safety codes.
- Honors all confidentiality and other regulatory requirements.
- Accepts and absorbs department and hospital education program.
- Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR AED or basic life Support healthcare provider (BLS-HCP) certification required.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- One to two years of previous experience is preferred.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Touchpoint maintains a drug-free workplace.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.