ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING- DIETARY AID (FULL AND PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for full and part-time ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING- DIETARY AID positions.
- Location: Dell Children's Hospital - 4900 Mueller Blvd, Austin, TX 78723 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and Part-time schedules available. 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, 11:45 am - 8:30 pm, rotating days and weekends. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: 1 year of experience preferred.
- Starting Pay: $16.50 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1213144.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
We’re TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn’t just about cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for supporting Ascension’s mission to improve the health of the poor and vulnerable. We’re serious about the role we play in healing – and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with service. Or maybe you’re looking for a launchpad for a career managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a need, are you ready to jump?
Patient Dining Associates work on assigned units in a healthcare facility, and provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, deliver and pick-up their meal trays. They are part of the caregiving team, responsible for patient safety and satisfaction goals by making sure meals are accurate and delivered at the right time and temperature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help patients understand their menu selections and work with nursing to ensure sure their orders comply with their nutritional requirements or restrictions.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Manage tray tickets and assemble meals according to each patient’s menu selection in a timely and accurate manner. Retrieve trays from patient rooms at assigned times.
- Complies with regulator agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO. Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines when handling food, cleaning work stations and breaking down patient tray line.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Touchpoint maintains a drug-free workplace.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.