ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for two full-time ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING positions.
- Location: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital - 350 N. Wilmot Rd, Tucson AZ 85711. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Varying days and hours; 1st and 2nd shifts available; More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous experience is a plus; training provided.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1028476.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences.
Take a look for yourself at the Power of Food!
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Patient Dining Associates work on assigned units in a healthcare facility, and provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, deliver and pick-up their meal trays. They are part of the caregiving team, responsible for patient safety and satisfaction goals by making sure meals are accurate and delivered at the right time and temperature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help patients understand their menu selections and work with nursing to ensure sure their orders comply with their nutritional requirements or restrictions.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Manage tray tickets and assemble meals according to each patient’s menu selection in a timely and accurate manner. Retrieve trays from patient rooms at assigned times.
- Complies with regulator agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO. Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines when handling food, cleaning work stations and breaking down patient tray line.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1028476