ASST GENERAL MANAGER - United Airlines Lounges - DENVER, CO
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as an Assistant General Manager, you are responsible for maintaining the account along with the General Manager in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will conduct safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs while maintaining excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client as well as other departments within the operation. You will promote the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will be expected to foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Interviews, hires, trains and coaches employees and managers
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Five to seven years upscale food service experience, including one year experience of multi-unit management
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess attention to detail
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Monitor food purchasing, food costs, preparation, production and inventory control
- Prepare and monitor budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Menu planning in consultation with chefs
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong catering experience required
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1226475
Flik Hospitality Group