BAKER (FULL & PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full and part-time BAKER position.
- Location: Mazzone Hospitality-743 Pierce Rd. Clifton Park, NY 12065 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time & Part-time schedules available; open availability preferred. Monday through Friday, weekends, and holidays; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1022191.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Hospitality is not only in our name; it is the foundation upon which our company was built. Mazzone Hospitality originated over 30 years ago with a small restaurant in downtown Schenectady. Our commitment to customer service over the years has brought us to where we are today as the most prestigious hospitality company in upstate New York. We have two distinct divisions, On/Off premise catering and business dining. Although we are still family rooted, most recently in 2017 we took our company to the next level by partnering with Restaurant Associates, a division of Compass Group North America. Currently we operate within 18 different locations throughout the capital district, and have over 1,000 employees on our team. Nothing is too small when it comes to attention to details. The desire to provide exceptional service is the foundation upon which we will build your experience with us.
Summary: Prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Ensures proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
- Assists with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages; informs supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Handles foods items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and customer-service oriented manner. Relays relevant concerns from customers directly to supervisors.
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately and efficiently.
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
- Completes shift work, as assigned, in a timely and thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Mazzone are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1022191