Salary: $7.25 / hour + tips
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
To ensure proper execution of Banquet Setup and Events according to Hotel Standards and Guests' expectations. The Banquet Manager will assist the Director of Banquets in operations. They will conduct training and inspection of performance for assigned Banquet Servers and Conference Services Housemen; ensuring that all procedures and conference rooms are completed to the hotel's standards and BEO specifications.
- Assist Director of Banquets with the daily operation of all banquets and catering events.
- Ensure PLATINUM SERVICE standards are maintained at all times.
- In the absence of Director of Banquets, coordinate, control, and organize staff.
- Review all BEOs to ensure the proper information for execution of events, in specific: equipment needs, staffing needs, set-up and breakdown needs, start times, pricing accuracy, guarantees, and locations.
- Coordinate and run daily pre and post event staff meetings, including the delegation of tasks and team assignments
- Conduct scheduled function room inspections, using a checklist in accordance with departmental standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people and specified requirements.
- Location of all hotel function space and names of rooms.
- All styles of meeting and banquet room settings.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All departmental/hotel policies and procedures, including safety guidelines.
- Ensure that scheduled associates have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Identify situations that compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of storage and service areas. Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Maintain presence on floor to ensure that functions flow smoothly and without incident.
- Monitor associate's performance of job functions, ensuring adherence to all departmental standards. Directly contact respective individuals and relay any deficiencies to be corrected
- Prepare all relevant reports or documentation as required.
- Perform other duties as required by Director of Banquets.
- Ensure all Banquet Checks are signed and posted timely and accurately
- Assist associates with their job functions where needed to ensure service standards are adhered.
- Work closely with staff to maintain positive morale
- Monitor Housemen carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems. Instruct designated personnel to correct deficiencies.
- Monitor Server's stations to ensure organization and cleanliness.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a banquet manager or similar job role
- Associated degree in hospitality preferred
- Fluent in English language skills, Spanish is a plus
- Must be friendly, team player, service oriented, and lead by example.
- Must be well organized
- Available all shifts: nights, weekends, and holidays included.
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1137455
Flik Hospitality Group
JEANNE M LANE