BAR BACK (SEASONAL)
- We are hiring immediately for seasonal BAR BACK positions.
- Location: University of Houston Athletics - 4455 University Dr, Houston, TX 77204. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Seasonal: Schedules vary depending on the games. Details upon interview.
- Requirement: Catering experience is a plus
- Starting pay: $14.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1203114.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Receives all liquor, beer and wine from storeroom on a daily basis and as needed. Replenishes all liquor, beer and wine as needed in the bar throughout the shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves all needed food items from kitchen and delivers to bar area.
- Retrieves all needed beverage items and garnishes from storerooms and delivers to bar area.
- Sets up bottles on bar with 'top shelf' liquor on back shelf.
- Ensures beer taps are working properly.
- Places appropriate bar snacks on counter; keeps supplies, such as snacks and napkins, stocked throughout shift.
- Assists in opening and closing side work as assigned.
- Buses tables in bar area.
- Helps ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the bar or lounge areas; washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and floors under equipment; sweeps and mops service areas, including floor mats.
- Ensures rubbish is removed from all receptacles.
- Prepares and serves beverages as needed to assist bartender.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.