BENCH EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF
Position Title: BENCH EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF
Reports To: RDO
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the Executive Chef in overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
- Assists Executive Chef to assure compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe, safety, production, and merchandising requirements
- Motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back-of-house employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and sectors
- Ensures that high-quality food items are creatively prepared and presented in a cost-effective manner
- Assists in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation
- Supports the management of cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts with additional specialized training
- 3-5 years of relevant culinary experience
- Mastery of a wide variety of kitchen positions and stations
- Ability to think on their feet, as well as create, produce, and serve on the fly
- Knowledge of food cost and how it pertains to a kitchen, product and quality identification
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills
- Applied food service sanitation certification, SERVSAFE, and/or HACCP federal guideline certification
- Demonstrated understanding of current culinary market/trends and creative food presentation preferred
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1031877