Cafe Chef LinkedIn
- We are hiring immediately for a CAFE CHEF position.
- Location: SUNNYVALE, CA Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, occasional weekends
- Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 969971.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
The Cafe Chef for Bon Appetit Management Company is responsible for the overall success of the food service operation adhering to the Client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Bon Appétit’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. In this position the Cafe Chef is responsible for overseeing the sanitation and safety of the shared catering kitchen, while ensuring that all kitchen employees produce delicious, eye-appealing and nutritious food, while meeting client financial budgetary goals. This position Solves problems professionally, rapidly and fairly as well as maintains and teaches a good work ethic, while supporting the director of catering, and developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation within the team.
· Overall Management
· Supervision and Development of Staff
· Food Programs with innovating menu development
· Food and Labor Cost Control
· Outstanding Guest Service and Client Relations
· Vendor Management and Relations
· Financial Management and Analysis
· Catering Management
· Special Events
· Food and Safety Responsibilities
· Degree from a post secondary culinary arts training program
· A minimum of 5 years as sous chef plus 3 years in similar position in a like volume and quality food service establishment
· General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
· Ability to operate Web based ordering system, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles
· Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications
· Possess the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position
· Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment’s per Bon Appétit guidelines
Associates at Bon Appétit are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 969971