CAMPUS DIETITIAN - UNCG- Greensboro, NC
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking a CAMPUS DIETITIAN to join our Food Service Nutrition Team with Chartwells Higher Education at UNCG in Greensboro, NC. This position will work 30-32 hours per week.
- Tabling events weekly (Some at lunch, at least one at dinner 2x monthly)
- Weekly Health Topics on Social Media
- Supporting both the Rooted and Delicious Without Menu Development
- Healthy Pop-Up events in Residential Dining
- Working with Nutrition Department here on campus for school wide initiatives
- Meeting 1 on 1 with students who have questions regarding their diet and eating in Res. Dining
- Supporting SOAR(Freshman Orientation) meals by educating upcoming freshman and parents
- Provides nutrition education & training support for the campus community including tabling, lunch & learn sessions, one-on-one counseling, etc.
- ICoordinates with the dining management team and culinary associates to meet dietary needs for all customers
- Provides nutrition related training including food allergen training to all associates
- Assists the management team with menu development and nutrient analysis
- Collaborates with marketing to ensure appropriate nutrition communication & messaging
- Operational execution and oversight - hands-on work in dining spaces to serve guests, train associates, audit systems, collaborate with unit leadership, and ensure excellence in operations and culinary services
- Partner with various campus offices, departments, and organizations to ensure alignment with university goals and needs
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board in states where applicable
- Ability to present information in one-on-one as well group format
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, professional journals, and governmental regulations
- Experience working with special diets and food allergies
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends
- Knowledge of P&L accountability and contract managed services experience desirable
- ServSafe® certified a plus
- Possess the necessary skills to effectively utilize Microsoft applications and nutrient analysis programs
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1175247
SARA C ST CLAIR
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1175247