CAPTAIN, CATERING (FULL & PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full and part-time CATERING CAPTAIN position.
- Location: Ruby & Bella's-265 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time & Part-time schedules available; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: No prior experience required.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 993164.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation’s premier hospitality company, operating over 170 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world’s leading foodservice organization.
At RA, food is inspiration. Our unmatched culture of hospitality excellence enables us to provide memorable experiences for premier clients. We empower many to be their best though delicious food that happens to be "better-for-you" and the planet.
- Dedication to Quality
- Spirit of Ownership
- Commitment to Talent & Diversity
- Responsible Citizenship
- Passion for Hospitality
Summary: Coordinates catering staff schedules to ensure all functions are delivered, served and cleared in a timely fashion. Prepares and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the Catering Director. May drive a truck to deliver food and beverages to catered functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines workload requirements from catering orders.
- Meets with function group leaders to discuss setup arrangements; addresses last-minute changes and resolves problems.
- Interacts with customers and resolves complaints in a service-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items.
- Instructs staff on work expectations for catered functions.
- Helps staff set up rooms to desired specifications.
- Assembles and delivers food and supplies to scheduled locations.
- Serves food and beverages to guests.
- Returns food, beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
- Ensures proper food preparation by following approved recipes and production standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license may be required. Must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers permit where required by state law.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 993164