CAPTAIN, CATERING SR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for full-time CAPTAIN, CATERING SR positions.
- Location: Missouri S&T Chartwells - 1346 N. Bishop Room 109, Rolla, MO 65409 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time. Schedule may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous catering and management experience preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1007793.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Supervises Catering Department employees. Prepares and serves food at functions under the supervision of the Catering Director. May drive a truck to deliver food and beverages to catered functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises employees in the Catering Department. Assists in the performance appraisal process.
- Determines workload requirements from catering orders.
- Meets with function group leaders to discuss setup arrangements, addresses last-minute changes and resolves problems.
- Assembles and delivers food and supplies to the scheduled catering functions.
- Returns food, beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Distributes and collects customer comment cards at catered functions.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Cleans equipment in a timely fashion; thoroughly cleans workstation before leaving the area for other assignments.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service-oriented manner; relays relevant customer concerns to supervisor.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license may be required. Must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers permit where required by state law.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).