CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME) position.
- Location: GWU 2100 Foxhall Road NW, Washington DC, 20007 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Position Start Date is August 1st! Full and Part-Time Schedules available; Discuss your availability in interview!
- Requirement: Experience not required, we will train for the position! Additional Requirement: Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1030332.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Operates Point of Sale system, assists the Chef, prepares coffee, and keeps the coffee and cashier stations clean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps prepare foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and desserts. Also helps prepare catering orders.
- Performs cashier duties using the POS system.
- Perform general cleaning duties; removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Provides service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
- Cashiers according to established procedures, maintaining cash accuracy with receipts. Makes deposits at the end of each shift.
- Inventories and restocks supplies and food products.
- Sets up serving line, ensuring temperatures are taken, recorded and within acceptable ranges; notifies cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serves hot and cold items to customers.
- Sets up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Keeps refrigerator stocked and product rotated using the first in, first out rule.
- Stocks pantries with correct par levels of food items on a daily basis. Records replenished amounts on floor stock form for each unit. Records refrigerator temperatures on floor stock form daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).