CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME)
**SIGN-ON BONUS - $1000.00** Further details upon interview & hire.
- We are hiring immediately for full-time and part-time CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER positions.
- Location: Mack Trucks-7000 Alburtis Road, Macungie, PA, 18062 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and Part-time: Monday through Friday. More information upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior cash handling experience preferred, willing to train.
- Perks: SIGN-ON BONUS - $1000.00 Further details upon interview & hire.
- Starting pay: $16.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Operates Point of Sale system, assists the Chef, prepares coffee, and keeps the coffee and cashier stations clean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps prepare foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and desserts. Also helps prepare catering orders.
- Performs cashier duties using the POS system.
- Perform general cleaning duties; removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Provides service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
- Cashiers according to established procedures, maintaining cash accuracy with receipts. Makes deposits at the end of each shift.
- Inventories and restocks supplies and food products.
- Sets up serving line, ensuring temperatures are taken, recorded and within acceptable ranges; notifies cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serves hot and cold items to customers.
- Sets up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Keeps refrigerator stocked and product rotated using the first in, first out rule.
- Stocks pantries with correct par levels of food items on a daily basis. Records replenished amounts on floor stock form for each unit. Records refrigerator temperatures on floor stock form daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).