- We are hiring immediately for a full-time CASHIER position.
- Location: Mountaire Farms - 17269 NC Hwy 71 North, Lumber Bridge, NC 28357 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. 1st and 2nd shifts. Hours and days may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: 3 years of previous experience preferred.
- Starting pay: $12.00 per hour
- Perks: Willing to train right person!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Performs cashiering duties, including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, giving change, counting cash receipts and completing cash reports. May also perform general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs sales transactions in a timely fashion.
- Enters all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
- Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment; issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
- Observes customer purchases in the cafe line and differentiates between standard portions.
- Replenishes condiments, coffee, other beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service areas.
- Keeps pastry case stocked.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).