CASHIER, LEAD (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time and part-time CASHIER, LEAD position.
- Location: 65 Pitts Station Road Marion, NC 28752. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T and P/T schedule available with weekends required; 6:00 am - 2:30 pm; more details upon interview.
- Requirement:No experience is required. Willing to train!
- Perks: Sign-on bonus - up to $1,000; 401k; paid time off.
- Starting pay: $12.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Maintains guest services in accordance with company standards. Expedites guest transactions and ensures guest satisfaction at the service desk. Controls all cash and media materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and acknowledges every guest; maintains solid product knowledge; and provides outstanding guest service.
- Oversees and authorizes guest returns, exchanges, merchandise credits, check authorization, charge sends, rain checks and discretion discounts (i.e. competitive, employee sales, etc.); assures the completion of all PoS transactions and the proper control of cash and media at PoS registers.
- Helps train cashiers and crosstrains other associates.
- Helps prepare daily deposits, change and media; some locations have access to safe combinations and keys.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures and practices; supports loss-prevention efforts.
- Oversees the productivity, breaks and daily scheduling of cashiers; communicates performance issues to management.
- Maintains front-end supplies.
- Helps provide guest service, floor moves, housekeeping, display maintenance and merchandise replenishment as needed.
- Covers cashier shifts when call-offs occur.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).