CASHIER (PART TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a part time CASHIER position.
- Location: Maryville University- 650 Maryville University Drive, Saint Louis, MO 63141-5849 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Part time schedule. Open availability. Days and hours may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience is necessary. Willing to train!
- Starting pay: $12.00 per hour
Fresh Ideas Management is a dynamic food service management company that believes good food is a powerful thing. Food brings people together and food creates memories.
Fresh Ideas encourages creativity by creating fun working environments for our teams! Our diverse teams enjoy a workplace where creativity, openness and innovation flow free and new, Fresh Ideas are encouraged. Our team-members are excited about creating delicious, unique and engaging dining experiences for our guests.
Fresh Ideas offers a full benefits package, flexible schedules that respect one of our core values, work life balance, and ongoing training and development opportunities. This, along with our rapid growth, means accelerated promotion opportunities for every motivated Fresh Ideas team member!
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Summary: Performs cashiering duties, including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, giving change, counting cash receipts and completing cash reports. May also perform general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs sales transactions in a timely fashion.
- Enters all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
- Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment; issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
- Observes customer purchases in the cafe line and differentiates between standard portions.
- Replenishes condiments, coffee, other beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service areas.
- Keeps pastry case stocked.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Fresh Ideas are offered many fantastic benefits:
* Life Insurance/ AD
* Disability Insurance
* Retirement Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Fresh Ideas maintains a drug-free workplace.