CATEGORY BUSINESS MANAGER - CUSTOMER INITIATIVES
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The primary duty of this position is the day-to-day execution alongside of the account managers aligning customer needs with commercial opportunities in order to maximize the value of negotiated programs. Duties include project management with multiple customers, hands-on analysist and building relationships with internal and external partners.
- Work closely with channel leadership to drive contract utilization rate (CUR) with specific member channel
- Identify cost reduction opportunities for customers while increasing preferred supplier sales and company revenue
- Maximize understanding of business model and identify opportunities for purchasing income and/or cost savings by understanding client’s specific model
- Working with account managers, gain customer commitment to convert product purchases to negotiated supplier programs to achieve cost savings and margin improvements
- Develop and execute channel specific strategies to meet company and customer targets
- Understand broad range of contracted categories to bring cost savings, menu additions and overall drive contracted growth to the member base
- Track and communicate business growth/loss with channel leadership and finance to drive change
- Act as lead resource for customer requests related to assigned categories
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the department in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of category management, or customer account management experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly recommended or equivalent work experience
- Experience of broader aspects of supply chain, as well as providing evidence of a broader business perspective such as balancing cost, value, risk & opportunity
- Ability to extract insights from complex data sets using advanced excel skills
- High attention to detail and exceptional work quality
- Strong networking skills, ability to influence and get things done through informal as well as formal channels
- Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally and influence at senior levels
- Excellent customer/client relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Strong influencing skills to persuade people’s attitudes, behaviors, and decisions to desired results
- Strong negotiation experience
- Outstanding presentation skills
- High proficiency level with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Travel rarely required, but could be up to 25% annually
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 991318