CATEGORY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST - FOH
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The primary duty of this position is directly supporting category managers with analytics and supplier programs to drive growth for categories, which support category and retail growth targets across the organization. Duties include working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and the supplier base within assigned categories, delivering insights and recommendations to drive category development process, and continuous management of categories through analysis, reporting, modelling and data mining.
- Support on day-to-day operations with:
- Ad hoc analysis, compliance reports, market trends, pricing and rebate databases, marketing/ communication opportunities and opportunity analysis
- Development of category plans, joint business plans/reviews and presentation materials for key strategic supplier and customer partnerships
- Managing the roll-out, implementation and communication of new programs or program changes/conversion initiatives adhering to company processes and timelines
- Monthly income by supplier (IBS) forecasting preparation, variance analysis and tracking against budget
- Conducting income analysis, forecast changes, or performing any other duties supporting category income drivers
- Liaison with cross-functional groups to ensure timely management of termsets, MOGs, catalogs, and other system needs.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations as they relate to contract coverage, conversion opportunities, pricing/volume allowance, new programs, and contracts
- Work with suppliers on issue resolution
- Complete system data accuracy and maintenance - term set management, price releases, price audits, non-transactional, subscriptions, item mapping, and manufacturer catalogs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 0-1 years related experience required; experience with brand and/or supplier management, executing defined projects, performing analytics and project management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Extremely Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Highly developed technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning and identifying gaps in logic
- An ability to manage several complex priorities with strict deadlines and an attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience utilizing reporting and accounting systems
- Must be adaptable to change and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Acute sense of urgency, excellent customer service skills and demeanor
- Organized and a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
- Customer service orientation
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 990974