CATERING ASSISTANT (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time CATERING ASSISTANT position.
- Location: 743 Pierce Road, Clifton Park, NY 12065 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; Monday - Friday, weekends & holidays, hours may vary. More details upon interview!
- Requirement: Prior catering experience is required.
- Perks: Commission!
- Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1214317.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Hospitality is not only in our name; it is the foundation upon which our company was built. Mazzone Hospitality originated over 30 years ago with a small restaurant in downtown Schenectady. Our commitment to customer service over the years has brought us to where we are today as the most prestigious hospitality company in upstate New York. We have two distinct divisions, On/Off premise catering and business dining. Although we are still family rooted, most recently in 2017 we took our company to the next level by partnering with Restaurant Associates, a division of Compass Group North America. Currently we operate within 18 different locations throughout the capital district, and have over 1,000 employees on our team. Nothing is too small when it comes to attention to details. The desire to provide exceptional service is the foundation upon which we will build your experience with us.
Summary: Provides administrative and clerical support to Catering Director and Executive Chef in the Catering Department function. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone and directs calls accordingly.
- Schedules events and meeting rooms.
- Communicates effectively with customers, coworkers and management.
- Operates office machines, including printers, copiers and personal computers.
- Supports distribution of key communications and other materials.
- Maintains and updates department's filing system.
- Maintains office supply inventory; orders supplies as needed.
- Responds to routine questions about catering events and services.
- Types general correspondence, memos, catering menus and orders; some composition required; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final content.
- Performs data entry (e.g. invoices, department transfers, inventory, work orders, etc.).
- Researches outstanding Accounts Payable, providing information to Catering Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Mazzone are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Mazzone maintains a drug-free workplace
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.