- We are hiring immediately for a CATERING CHEF position.
- Location: University of Alaska Fairbanks; 1731 S Chandalar. Fairbanks, AK 99775 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time; must be able to work a flexible schedule based on catering events. More details are available upon interview.
- Requirement: Culinary experience is required. Catering/banquet experience is highly desired.
- Reports to: Executive Chef
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1212673.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: As a Chef, you will ensure client and customer service satisfaction is attained by providing culinary resources and support. You may be responsible for managing the departments scheduling, discipline, and/or hiring. You may assist the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in developing new menus, recipes, and ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides frontline culinary resources and support.
- Assists with food cost control, menu planning, purchasing, and ensures food quality guidelines are followed.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Produces and executes catering events.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of culinary management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Hands-on chef experience is required.
- Extensive catering experience is preferred.
- High volume batch cooking and complex food service operations experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.