Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
Summary: As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Catering Department in all duties including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all catering events.
- Involved in catering events operations, including logistics, quality improvement, sanitation, and all facility-related activities.?
- Works with the Chef in creating menus.
- Trains catering associates in service techniques, menu presentation, and customer service.
- Tracks and monitors the labor and food cost for each event.
- Communicates on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels; maintains excellent client relationships.
- Assists in the responsibility for all foodservice-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Catering experience is required.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification.
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 989917
BRIAN P PANGBORN