- We are hiring immediately for a CATERING MANAGER position.
- Location: University of Texas at Arlington; 300 W Mitchell Street. Arlington, TX 76019. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on catering events. More details are available upon interview.
- Details: To oversee daily catering operations, manage events and ensure prompt catering event set up. Daily catering operations include setting up and breaking down events, student worker management, and scheduling and client relationships.
- Requirement: At least 2 years of catering operations preferred.
- Reports to: Catering Director
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1044656.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Catering Department in all duties including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all catering events.
- Involved in catering events operations, including logistics, quality improvement, sanitation, and all facility-related activities.?
- Works with the Chef in creating menus.
- Trains catering associates in service techniques, menu presentation, and customer service.
- Tracks and monitors the labor and food cost for each event.
- Communicates on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels; maintains excellent client relationships.
- Assists in the responsibility for all foodservice-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Catering experience is required.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).