CATERING SALES COORDINATOR - Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
Position Title: CATERING SALES COORDINATOR - Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1087505.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages, one in which you can learn and grow and be a part of a great team? We're hiring! Great team member perks like Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app.
From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country.
For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/who-we-are/
Positions at this location requires a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The Catering Sales Coordinator will be responsible for managing the overall event sales lifecycle of catering events at the location to meet and exceed established annual sales revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and driven sales professional - able to collaborate with a range of stakeholders to plan and deliver outstanding guest experiences.
* Builds and maintains relationships with location partner teams to jointly secure and maximize catering opportunities
* Ensure smooth transition and communication with location partner teams to execute positive client experience
* Contributes to and manages the development of strategic sales initiatives
* Completion of annual group sales review to identify strengths and opportunities for the future
* Completion of annual competitor analysis within the market and working with location partner to optimize menu offerings, as needed
* Completion of annual lost business analysis to investigate areas of opportunities resulting in increased secured business
* Ability to analyze sales trends, client’s needs, and wants to enhance the overall event experience
* Proactively engaging in networking and other lead generation activities
* Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the location partner
* Promptly respond to all client correspondence, phone, and email, including initial inquiry correspondence, proposal development for qualified leads, and all follow up as necessary to secure business
* Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs
* Working closely with the culinary and operations team to develop menus and staffing bids to "WOW" clients and guests while simultaneously maintaining operational feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and event appropriateness for venue facilities
* Creating Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and catering agreements in appropriate system and submitting for client signature in accordance with venue deadlines
* Works with venue or client to create floorplans and submit to local authorities, when necessary
* Manage client relationships to set expectations and drive positive event experience
* Handling client billing to ensure accurate and timely payment of deposits and final payments
* Solicits event feedback and compiles opportunities for improvement and event experience
* Attending management meetings and partnering with all management stakeholders to ensure the timely fulfillment of group sales contracts
* Manages event communication to appropriate stakeholders including, but not limited to, event files for use by operations, schedule of events, and final BEOs
* Facilitating weekly BEO meetings with operations and culinary to ensure everyone is aligned on event expectations
* Collects end of night feedback from the operations team to include in event recap documentation
* Maintaining CRM system of current and future potential clients
* Completing maintenance and clean-up of processes in the infor/Reserve system
* Inspecting event setups to ensure they match the banquet event order
* Other duties as assigned
* 2+ years in a catering sales role
* Hospitality or Business Degree is preferred
* Experience working on major events is preferred
* High level of computer literacy
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Apply to Levy today!
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associates of Levy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Discount Marketplace
- Employee Assistance Program