CATERING SALES DIRECTOR
Salary: $80000-$85000 / year
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Working as the Catering Sales Director you will effectively coordinate and oversee all internal and external catering events. You are directly responsible for menu development as well as costing and marketing functions as they relate to the catering department. You will implement labor cost control and food cost control, manage preparation, transportation, and setup, and oversee operation and clean-up of all events. You are responsible for Event Coordination and Sales Financials.
This is a base salary + commission opportunity.
- Hires, trains and develops managers, and is actively involved in the development of service techniques, menu presentation, policies and procedures
- Creates reports of operating statements and operational budgets, and reviews the collection of receivables
- Catering activities, books, plans & directed functions
- Creates proposals, contracts and banquet event orders
- Ensures all safety and sanitation procedures are followed in compliance with HACCP
- Maintains local clients database and builds and maintains relationship with vendors
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Prepares and monitors budgets; financial targets and forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Proven track record for meeting sales goals
- Strong knowledge of current food, industry trends and fine dining points of service
- A minimum of five to eight years of experience in hospitality industry including three years’ experience in catering sales
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction
- Must be able to write menu proposals in consultation with chefs
- The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean-up is also essential
- Knowledge of A/V equipment with the ability to set up and break down for events
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess
- attention to detail
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset and able to remain calm under pressure to anticipate and support changes in our business.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional client relations and customer service abilities
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1149403
Flik Hospitality Group
JEANNE M LANE
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $80,000 to $85,000/year
<div id="128179"> Flik Hospitality Group <p><b> </b>$80000-$85000 / year</p><p><b>What makes FLIK click</b></p><p><br><em>What makes FLIK click
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1149403