CATERING SOUS CHEF
- We are hiring immediately for a CATERING SOUS CHEF position.
- Location: University of Idaho; 875 Perimeter Drive. Moscow, ID 83844. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Catering business is typically M-Sat and we will guarantee 2 days off a week.
- Details: The catering sous chef is responsible for catering and banquet culinary operations at the University of Idaho. They will lead a team of 5 cooks. They will be responsible for inventory management, managing food costs & waste, physical production and prep. Catered events range from small to large, casual to upscale. This role reports into the catering director with a dotted line to the campus executive chef.
- Requirement: The ideal candidate has strong time management, can prioritize the kitchen needs and production, is attentive to detail, is self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, and has a passion for culinary innovation.
- Reports to: Catering Director & Campus Executive Chef
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1008285.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: As a Sous Chef I, you are responsible for assisting with the overall success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and the company’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef I also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling expenditure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching skills.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).