CHEF MGR, SR - Oakmont PA
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Working as the Chef Manager Senior you will be responsible for back and front of the house operations for the food service departments. You will maintain a quality culinary program and process all financial reporting. Duties also include menu development, inventory, purchasing, labor and food cost controls, maintaining sanitation standards, and personnel management to include hiring, coaching, counseling, training and developing.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Conducts safety, sanitation and maintenance programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Maintains an active role in managing team developments
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Five years progressive culinary management experience
- Self-starter, innovative and ability to multitask
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team
- Must possess a passion for excellence
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Purchasing, food storage and sanitation experience
- P&L and financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of budgets, labor costs, inventory controls
- Strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and POS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 40 lbs
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1184438
Flik Hospitality Group
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1184438