CHEF, PASTRY - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a CHEF, PASTRY - HOURLY (FULL-TIME) position.
- Location: H&H Kitchen, 6801 Hollywood Blvd Suite #513, Los Angeles, CA, 90028. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time: Monday - Friday, flexible scheduling.
- Requirement: 5 years of chef experience is required.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 972275.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Wolfgang Puck Catering is committed to recruiting individuals who express an interest in and passion for hospitality-driven experiences; who come from diverse backgrounds, are open-minded and curious about our clients and guests; and, most of all, who possess a welcoming smile and spirit. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
"The most important thing in life, whatever you do, has to be passion." Wolfgang Puck
Success on our team starts with our culture:
- We have Wolfgang’s PASSION for our business, our product, and our people / guests / clients.
- A FLEXIBLE MINDSET is key; we are strategic business partners who wear multiple hats.
- Our services require a CONCIERGE mentality, a bias to action with humble hospitality.
- We are out-of-the-box PROBLEM SOLVERS, who look around corners so our clients and guests don’t have to.
- We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
- We bring an entrepreneurial approach to deliver results for our clients (you might call this scrappy).
- Collaboration and openness to innovative business tools, new ways of thinking and ability to partner across departments are essential to create optimal business solutions.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far.”
Summary: Creates, plans and supervises the daily production of top-quality pastries, desserts and baked goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily production and distribution of all pastries, desserts and baked goods.
- Ensures recipes and standards are followed, food costs are controlled and appropriate quantity is prepared based on established production needs.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the pastry kitchen and equipment to ensure a work environment that meets/exceeds federal, state and corporate standards and regulations.
- Supervises hourly kitchen/pastry associates, including interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate.
- Helps plan and implement seasonal menus.
- Orders and maintains pastry supplies and products to ensure appropriate inventory levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Wolfgang Puck Catering