CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY position.
- Location: Seattle University Admin - 901 12th Ave. PO Box 222000, Seattle, WA 98122. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience necessary. Willing to train!
- Starting pay: $23.75 per hour.
- Perks: 95% healthcare, orca card, $70 for shoes, 50% off parking.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1213696.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Helps Executive Chef prepare and cook foods. Coordinates activities of cooks and other food-service associates. Assumes responsibility for kitchen and food-service associates in the absence of Executive Chef.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares food following approved recipes and production standards. Ensures all deadlines are met based on production orders.
- Supervises hourly food service associates. Includes interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate.
- Stores food in designated areas following all corporate, state and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Interacts with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information directly to supervisor.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains them to associates and customers.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitors inventory and deliveries of product and supplies. Tracks product production, consumption and waste. Informs supervisor when supplies or product are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Paid Time Off: 40 hours, accrued for Full-time associates (excludes Part-time, Temporary, and Student workers)
- Sector Paid Sick Leave: Full-time associates (excludes Part-time, Temporary, and Student workers) will receive Five (5) paid sick days for calendar year associates or Three (3) days for academic year associates. Eligibility after sic (6) months of employment.
- Holidays: Eligible Employees: Full-time Employees (excludes Part-time, Temp & Student) will receive Seven (7) paid holidays for calendar year associates or six (6) for academic year associates
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.