a vision for creating remarkable events
FOOD FIRST. INSPIRED BY INGREDIENTS. GREAT SERVICE.
Since 1986, Occasions Caterers is a full service catering firm located in Washington DC and had built its premier reputation for flawless execution of elegant events. The Occasions’ team works closely with our clients to design, customize and create remarkable events.
We have grown in size but maintain a boutique approach with a focus on custom menus, creative décor, expert planning and gracious service. We craft experiences through food, design and hospitality to re?ect our clients unique style, taste and vision.
Come join our team of inspired professionals and be a part of the unmatched scope of knowledge, resources and relationships to produce events that exceed our clients expectation and delight in every way.
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
- Produces and execute catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to Occasions Caterers today!
Occasions Caterers is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.