We’re Food+ by Compass! Although the past couple of years have been quite a rollercoaster for everyone, our amazing talented teams have continued to work tirelessly crafting incredible food experiences to help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies at one of the world’s major tech companies!
The food and experiences we provide make quite an impact! As we further return to the office, we’re more passionate than ever about supporting the long-term success & wellness of everyone we feed, and we love what we do.
The role will be based in Cambridge, MA
The great things you’ll do
Inspire a culture of food & workplace safety. You’ll be responsible for the overall safe, efficient and appropriate management of operations
You’ll partner our incredible leaders & stakeholders to operationalise the food program across North America
Synergise the leadership across three great sectors
You’ll develop the overarching strategic vision for the account and work to regionalise & localise with the wider teams
You will be a visionary. You will designs, innovate, manage the overall experience for our users and instill a culture of inspiration through our teams and with our food
You will drive a culture of excellence & create an inclusive and diverse workplace
You will cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and proactive, forward thinkers, who learn from the past - launch and iterate where appropriate
Overseeing our exciting new openings, references and revitalisations
You’ll be an inspirational Leader. You will manage and mentor site leaders towards business goals, ensuring the maturation and training of our leadership communities
You are approachable. You ensure an open and communicative workforce, that engages with honesty and integrity
You are fiscally responsible making sure to monitor and manage all financial responsibilities within agreed ranges
Sound good? Apply now to take your seat at our Global table!
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass Group, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
- Produces and execute catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)