COLD FOOD (SALAD) (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time COLD FOOD(SALAD) position.
- Location: Washington Blvd. Stamford, CT 06902 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. 6:30 am-3:00 pm, days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Minimum of two years prior similar experience preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1046133.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Founded in 1969, CulinArt manages more than 250 dining facilities for corporations, law and financial services firms, independent schools, colleges and universities, graduate schools, long-term care facilities and a variety of events & entertainment destinations across the country. Our mission is to be the industry leader in providing the highest quality dining service to our clients and guests while striving to provide maximum career opportunities for all of our team members. Our success lies in our ability not merely to adapt but to revitalize and transform our services continually, pioneering the cutting-edge and unconventional. CulinArt’s extremely diverse clientele, that includes many Fortune 500 businesses and esteemed educational institutions, affords great opportunities for career-advancing within the company across multiple industry segments and geographic regions.
Summary: Cuts delicatessen meats, vegetables and cheeses with slicing machine, knives or other cutters. Prepares and serves sandwiches, salads and other cold food items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from Chef.
- Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, condiments and salads using approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments following approved merchandising guidelines.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstation, stove and refrigerator.
- Stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard wrapping, dating and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains counters, work surfaces, refrigeration units and floors in the preparation and serving areas.
- Places meat, cheese or vegetables on cutting board and cuts slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
- Interacts with coworkers to ensure compliance with company service standards, inventory and cash control procedures.
- Maintains clean, safe work environment to comply with sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at CulinArt are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1046133