CONFERENCE SERVICES DIRECTOR
Salary: $115000 / year
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
The Director of Conference Services will interact closely with the client, serving as the main point of contact for Conference Services within their assigned region. Will report to the General Manager, and work alongside the Director of Conference Services in other regions to serve as the senior leadership team for the account.The individual will be responsible for oversight of all operations within their region, including meeting planning, event operations, AV and hospitality services.
- Oversee a team of Meeting Planners located in multiple locations across the Northeast and Midwest, with responsibility for meeting space reservations and planning.
- Establish and maintain relationships with team members located in different geographic areas. Communicate clearly with all staff and keep them informed of matters which pertain to their jobs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other service providers such as facilities and catering to ensure a seamless client experience
- Knowledgeable of all areas of the business and operations of the location(s)
- Conducts ongoing audits of existing processes and makes recommendations as needed based on identified risks while holding team accountable
- Embrace leadership and be a catalyst for change and innovation
- Actively support direct reports and other reporting staff.
- Make decisions in a timely fashion as to not disrupt or negatively impact the guest experience
- Coaching and counseling as needed to ensure the highest level of execution and performance by all team members
- Prepares monthly metrics, reporting and other data as requested by the client
- Control expenses monthly to coincide with budgeted payroll and operational budgets
- Knowledge of health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the conference center and report known issues
- Responsible for maintaining positive employee and customer relationships and ensuring timely responses to all inquiries for service needs.
- Identify continuous improvement processes for seamless customer service.
- Follow-up on service challenges and take corrective action
- Act as the escalation point for problem and issue resolution
- Offer assistance to clients and visitors throughout the building, including providing directions and escorting to conference rooms.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in a conference center or corporate events environment, with specific event planning experience
- Previous supervisory experience of a team larger than 5 individuals
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle many tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment
- Full knowledge of the conference center reservation system
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations
- Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
- Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details
- Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Excelling as a team member, with a passion for delivering the Platinum Service® standard and focused on total customer satisfaction
- Maintaining a consistently professional approach, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility both within and outside one’s job domain
- Work schedule varies based on the needs of the client and operation
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1223855
Flik Hospitality Group
JEANNE M LANE