COOK (FULL AND PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for full and part-time COOK positions.
- Location: Dallas BOH Support - 400 S Houston Street, Dallas, TX 75202 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and Part-time schedules available; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Professional kitchen experience preferred.
- Perks: Staff meals, close to dart trains, uniforms provided, and benefits!
- Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1211563.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Wolfgang Puck Catering is committed to recruiting individuals who express an interest in and passion for hospitality-driven experiences; who come from diverse backgrounds, are open-minded and curious about our clients and guests; and, most of all, who possess a welcoming smile and spirit. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
"The most important thing in life, whatever you do, has to be passion." Wolfgang Puck
Success on our team starts with our culture:
- We have Wolfgang’s PASSION for our business, our product, and our people / guests / clients.
- A FLEXIBLE MINDSET is key; we are strategic business partners who wear multiple hats.
- Our services require a CONCIERGE mentality, a bias to action with humble hospitality.
- We are out-of-the-box PROBLEM SOLVERS, who look around corners so our clients and guests don’t have to.
- We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
- We bring an entrepreneurial approach to deliver results for our clients (you might call this scrappy).
- Collaboration and openness to innovative business tools, new ways of thinking and ability to partner across departments are essential to create optimal business solutions.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far.”
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Wolfgang Puck Catering are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Wolfgang Puck Catering maintains a drug-free workplace.