COOK - HELPER (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time COOK - HELPER position.
- Location: Lycee Francais - 505 East 75th Street, New York, NY 10021-3462 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; 7:00am - 3:30pm, days may vary. More details upon interview!
- Requirement: Prior food service experience is required.
- Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Free meals! Choose from a delicious variety of fresh food served daily. Receive two free meals for every shift worked. Additionally, free uniforms and laundering service available at select locations.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1213630.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Summary: Learns to assists in the preparation and cooking of various food items prior to being considered a qualified, skilled cook. Maintains food safety and sanitation standards in the preparation and kitchen areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to read menu to estimate food requirements. Orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with company production records and standardized recipes.
- Learns to adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles.
- Helps measure and mix ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods under guidance. Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking under the instruction of others.
- Tests food by tasting, smelling and piercing to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meat, portions food on serving plates, and adds gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders as directed.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables and fruits.
- Butchers chicken, fish and shellfish as directed.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes and pastry as course of instruction permits.
- Maintains work area and equipment. Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Interacts with customers and coworkers in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
Full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1213630