COOK, SR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time COOK, SR position.
- Location: York College-Country Club Road, York, PA, 17405 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T Monday through Sunday. Schedule variation. More information upon interview.
- Requirement: Two years of cooking experience preferred, willing to train.
- Starting pay: $13.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1045833.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Prepares food to ensure it is nutritious and properly flavored in accordance with applicable federal, state, local and company standards, guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May oversee the cooking activities of food service associates as assigned by Food Service Director.
- Prepares various entrees and menu items following established recipes.
- Operates and cleans equipment after each use. Performs scheduled routine cleaning.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy. Helps maintain organized storage of dry goods and refrigerated and frozen products.
- Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Assists Food Service Director in maintaining accurate daily production records and completes all required documentation, reports, and logs as assigned.
- Assists in the cross training of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).